Your Oregon Coast adventure begins with a meeting with one of our academic advisors. Our advising staff can help you chart a course best suited to get you to the degree or certificate you’re aiming for. Current students are invited to meet with advisors, to periodically check on progress toward their goals.
Academic advisors are available to support student success by:
- Interpreting placement assessment results.
- Recommending appropriate classes.
- Discussing degree/ program options.
- Explaining course content and requirements.
- Helping transition into the College culture/ academic environment.
- Helping students have a successful college experience.
- Explaining how to transition to a university or four-year college.
- Assisting in understanding College policies and procedures.
Suggested advising times for returning students is 30 minutes; new students should plan on spending an hour with an advisor. Schedule your advising appointment using one of the links below to an online registration page, or call 541-867-8501:
Colleen specializes in Nursing & Allied Health, but also advises for all other degrees and certificate programs at OCCC.
Doherty, Colleen – Academic Advisor
MA, Student Personnel/Counseling, Northern Arizona University
BA, Psychology, Westfield College
Blake specializes in Aquarium Science & Criminal Justice, and also advises for all other degrees and certificate programs at OCCC.
Hagan, Blake – Academic Advisor
MS, Education, Portland State University