Emergency Medical Technician(EMT) courses train students to take the state certification tests for the EMT Basic level. The courses are accredited by the Oregon Department of Education and the Oregon State EMS office. The EMT Basic courses are applicable to the Associate of Applied Science Paramedic Degrees at other Community Colleges in Oregon.
Course Learning Outcomes EMT-Basic
Learning outcomes advanced EMT
Students will be prepared to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians certification examination for EMT-Basic. Students demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to provide basic pre-hospital emergency medical care and transportation of the sick and injured. On successful completion of this course, the student will be prepared to pass the Oregon. State Health Division certification examination for EMT-Basic.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Provide basic emergency care required at the scene of a traumatic injury or medical emergency.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities in performing the emergency care and operational aspects of the job.
- Demonstrate the skills for basic life-saving techniques and other emergency treatment.
- Demonstrate the proper use and care of all required equipment.
Forms and Admission Documents
Important Links and Information
- Potentially Disqualifying Crimes
- Estimated Costs for the EMT Basic Course
- Oregon Health Authority
- National Emergency Medical Services Educational Standards
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
- Technical Standards for Emergency Medical Technician Program
CPR Information: CPR certification is required. CPR classification must be Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers. Classes are available through Oregon Coast Community College, American Heart Association and Samaritan Health System