Medical Assistant Certificate
One Year Program
Scholarships are now open for Allied Health students.
Click here for more information.
The Medical Assistant Program prepares students for entry level employment in a physician's clinic or a variety of other healthcare settings.
Program graduates will have the academic, administrative and clinical skills necessary for an allied healthcare professional.
Courses cover anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology, as well as, computers, office procedures, communications, psychology and mathematics.
Intended Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Medical Assistant Training Program students will:
- Interact in a caring and respectful manner with patients, families, and the health care team.
- Establish and manage office procedures and implement medical documentation systems using appropriate medical terminology.
- Perform the administrative business tasks required in a medical office.
- Assist the physician and other members of the health care team in clinical procedures related to the examination and treatment of patients.
- Comply with quality assurance requirements in performing clinical laboratory procedures.
- Perform common diagnostic procedures under a licensed health care provider to ensure patient comfort and safety.
Overview of the Role of Medical Assistants
Perform administrative and clinical duties under the direction of a physician or other medical practitioner. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, keeping medical records, billing, and insurance coding.
Employers look for candidates who can demonstrate they have the qualities necessary for success in the medical assistant field: candidates who:
- Can think critically, solve problems and construct practical solution
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Are nonjudgmental about the diverse populations of people
- Are service oriented
- Have the abilities for social perceptiveness
Video: Learn about the Medical Assistant Field
FORMS and ADMISSION DOCUMENTS