This two-year degree is a combination of nursing and transfer credits. For more information, please look under the “More Details” tab. This Associate Degree qualifies you to take the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEXLRN) to become a Registered Nurse (RN).
The Nursing AAS is designed for the person intending to work as a registered nurse in the health care industry.
Intended Learning Outcomes
Learning experiences in this program are designed to assist the student in realizing the following outcomes:
- Use a holistic approach to develop, implement, and evaluate plans of care for groups of patients that apply standard nursing care plans to meet individual needs.
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively in a self-directed manner with patients, families, and members of the health care team.
- Use first-level management skills in providing care for individuals and groups of patients.
- Make decisions regarding patient care based on professional values and responsibilities at the associate degree nurse level while complying with identified legal/ethical standards (scope of practice regulations established by boards of nursing and Code of Practice guidelines established by the American Nurses Association).
- AAS 2016-2017_Degree Checklist
- Curriculum Map 2016-2017
- Nursing Program Application Information for 2017
- Estimated Costs for an-Associate of Applied Science Nursing Degree
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Health Occupations Health Form
- Technical Standards
- Course Descriptions First Year
- Course Description Second Year
- DPSST Disqualifying Crimes List
State of Oregon Employment Department https://www.qualityinfo.org/home