The Certified Nursing Assistant Level 2 Career Pathway Certificate prepares individuals to work as certified Nursing Assistant Level 2. As a member of the health care team and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, individuals perform clinical duties including identifying findings and patterns, habits, and behaviors that deviate from normal in an acute-care setting, use acceptable terminology to describe and report findings and take action within the scope of responsibilities as designated by the RN for abnormal findings.
A Career Pathway Certificate in Certified Nursing Assistant Level 2 will be awarded upon successful completion of the required coursework. Individuals receiving this Career Pathway Certificate will be eligible to become Certified Nursing Assistant Level 2 under the guidelines of the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
Notes: This certificate is only open to student who have applies and been accepted into the associate of applied science in nursing program.
- Deliver healthcare with relevant cultural knowledge and communicate between people from culturally diverse backgrounds using therapeutic and professional communication techniques in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrate adherence to clients’ plan of care.
- Demonstrate proper use of diagnostic, safety, and therapeutic devices within the CNA’s scope of practice.
- Recognize and report normal and abnormal patterns in clinical findings and behaviors of clients to members of the health care team.
- Distinguish between personal and professional values and legal/ethical responsibilities in practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency in skills related to common disease processes and conditions that affect body system function and the person’s functional ability.
- Demonstrate person-centered care by meeting the individual person’s needs, preferences and abilities.
State of Oregon Employment Department https://www.qualityinfo.org/home