The Certified Nursing Assistant Level 2 Career Pathway Certificate prepares individuals to work as certified Nursing Assistant Level 2. As a member of the health care team and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, individuals perform clinical duties including identifying findings and patterns, habits, and behaviors that deviate from normal in an acute-care setting, use acceptable terminology to describe and report findings and take action within the scope of responsibilities as designated by the RN for abnormal findings.
A Career Pathway Certificate in Certified Nursing Assistant Level 2 will be awarded upon successful completion of the required coursework. Individuals receiving this Career Pathway Certificate will be eligible to become Certified Nursing Assistant Level 2 under the guidelines of the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
Notes: This certificate is only open to student who have applies and been accepted into the associate of applied science in nursing program.
Please read more information for details on this course
- Deliver healthcare with relevant cultural knowledge and communicate between people from culturally diverse backgrounds using therapeutic and professional communication techniques in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrate adherence to clients’ plan of care.
- Demonstrate proper use of diagnostic, safety, and therapeutic devices within the CNA’s scope of practice.
- Recognize and report normal and abnormal patterns in clinical findings and behaviors of clients to members of the health care team.
- Distinguish between personal and professional values and legal/ethical responsibilities in practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency in skills related to common disease processes and conditions that affect body system function and the person’s functional ability.
- Demonstrate person-centered care by meeting the individual person’s needs, preferences and abilities.