Mathematics faculty at Oregon Coast Community College motivate and inspire students in an environment that nurtures self-esteem, promotes the curiosity to question, and fosters the ability to learn.
Offering something for everyone, OCCC’s mathematics program includes:
- College-level courses that provide the foundation for degrees in business, the life sciences, natural sciences, and engineering;
- Applied mathematics courses that support occupational and technology programs;
- Developmental classes for students who lack adequate preparation for college-level work.
Many courses also support OCCC’s general education requirements.
Initial placement in the mathematical sequence of courses is determined by the results of the Mathematics Assessment Test (Accuplacer) and/or by transcripts of successfully completed (C or better) college-level mathematics courses.
solutions that can help you get ready for your placement test or your next class.
To find out more about math at OCCC, contact the Math Department at 541-867-8518; if you have questions about placement into math courses, please see the Accuplacer placement testing page.
Full Time Instructors
Office: Room 39
Office: Room 40
Part Time Instructors
OCCC offers an open, walk-in math lab for math tutoring every term in room 25 in the Newport campus. All math students welcome!
Spring 2019 Math Lab Hours
Newport City Campus in Room 25
Monday: 9:30 – 12pm; 12:30 – 5pm
Tuesday: 11 – 5pm
Wednesday: 9 – 11:30am; 12 – 5pm
Thursday: 10:30 – 2:30pm; 3:30 – 5pm
Lincoln City Campus in Room 124
Monday: 12 – 4pm
OCCC Math Lab now offers Online Tutoring during our normal hours of operation (see Newport Campus Hours)
- Sign-Up for a free account on zoom.us using your student email
- Sign in using your full name
- Download the zoomus launcher
- Use 812-815-1957 as the zoom meeting ID to access the math tutor or use the link: https://oregoncoast.zoom.us/j/8128151957
Instructions can be downloaded as a flyer here: Math Lab Spring 2019 Flyer