Using OCCC facilities for your event or meeting
Oregon Coast Community College rents classroom space for educational and business use consistent with the mission of the College. It is not the intent of the College to compete with private sector providers of meeting space.
Fillable Room Use Request Form
Interested in setting up a table at an OCCC facility?
Consult OCCC’s vendor tabling procedures.
Please consult the tabs below before submitting your request.
The meeting space is reserved in accordance with the following priorities:
1. OCCC sponsored or related programs.
2. Educational, civic, charitable and cultural programs sponsored by local non-profit agencies or organizations located within Lincoln County.
3. Groups affiliated with a local government agency
4. Groups affiliated with State of Oregon agencies
5. Groups affiliated with Federal agencies.
6. Commercial and private use, includes fund-raising event
Meeting room capacity
The meeting room at the OCCC North County Center has an occupancy capacity of 69.
Other configurations include: 69 chairs with no tables, or 50 chairs with 24 tables.
The meeting room at the OCCC Central County Campus has an occupancy capacity of 87.
Other configurations include: 87 chairs with no tables, or 60 chairs with 24 tables.
The meeting room at the OCCC South County Center has an occupancy capacity of 50.
Other configurations include: 60 chairs with no tables, or 50 chairs with 15 tables.
Authorization for facility and meeting room use
The Director of Facilities/Safety is responsible for managing all OCCC facilities, including the Community Room and Computer Lab. The Director or duly authorized onsite designee shall implement the policies outlined in this document.
- The fact that a group or organization is granted permission to meet at the College in no way constitutes endorsement by the College or the College Education Board of the policies or beliefs of that group or organization.
- The College reserves the right to deny future use of the meeting rooms to groups or individuals that do not follow the College’s meeting room policies.
- The meeting rooms or computer labs shall not be used for any purpose that would prevent, discourage or interfere with the use of the College for purposes of learning, research, reading and study.
- Users of the meeting rooms or computer labs may be asked to leave if use is deemed disruptive or in any way contrary to College policy.
- College staff may enter and remain in meeting rooms or computer labs at any time during a scheduled meeting.
- Unless admission is charged or a meeting is limited to a group’s membership, any person may attend a meeting so long as that person complies with College policies.
- Activities for minors, age 17 and under, must be supervised by responsible adults.
- For groups affiliated with a local government, State of Oregon or Federal agency, a signed application must be received in the office of the Director of Facilities up to nine (9) months and no later than 72 hours prior to the meeting requested.
- Permission to use the meeting rooms or computer labs is not transferable by any individual or group whose application is approved.
- Smoking is not allowed in OCCC facilities or on OCCC property. The applicant for room use is responsible for enforcing this policy.
- Animals, other than service dogs (such as seeing-eye dogs, etc.), are not allowed on OCCC property without the expressed permission of the College President. The applicant for room use is responsible for enforcing this policy.
- No candles or open flames without written approval from College President.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in and around the College except by written permission of the College President. The applicant for room use is responsible for enforcing this policy.
- Fundraisers of any sort are considered a commercial use and fall under #6 in the priorities list.
- The applicant shall hold the College, its employees, and agents harmless from any claim, loss, or liability arising out of or related to the applicant’s use of the premises, or from any condition of the used premises, including such claim, loss, or liability which may be caused by or contributed to in whole or in part by the College, its employees and/or agents. The applicant shall indemnify the College, 1) for any damage to College property occurring during the use thereof, whether or not the applicant is responsible therefore, and 2) for expenses and cost, including attorney’s fees, incurred by the College or its employees and agents, in defending against any claims or demands for losses or liability arising from or related to the applicant’s use of the premises.
Meeting room user responsibilities
The sponsoring organization or individual is responsible for providing any refreshments served, for keeping food and drink within the designated meeting space, for cleaning up afterward, and for returning the room to its original condition.
Time for setting up the meeting and cleaning up afterward should be included in the meeting time requested.
It is the responsibility of the person signing as the authorized representative of the group to remain on the premises throughout the period for which it is reserved, to ensure the safety and security of the attendees and College facilities and to further ensure that that attendees observe the policies governing the public use of the College’s facility and meeting rooms. College facilities and meeting room users agree to pay for any and all damages to college property including, but not limited to walls, floors, grounds, and furniture while applicant is using the property.
Fillable Room Use Request Form
Applications for the use of the meeting rooms may be obtained at the College’s Business Office or at the College’s Information Desk located in the Commons Area. Completed applications for entities other than OCCC should be submitted to Chris Rogers at 541-867-8549 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For OCCC sponsored or related programs, and for educational, civic, charitable and cultural programs sponsored by local non-profit agencies or organizations located within Lincoln County, a signed application must be received in the office of the Director of Facilities up to twelve (12) months and no later than 72 hours prior to the meeting requested.
For groups affiliated with a local government, State of Oregon or Federal agency, a signed application must be received in the office of the Director of Facilities up to nine (9) months and no later than 72 hours prior to the meeting requested.
For commercial and private use, a signed application must be received in the office of the Director of Facilities up to six (6) months and no later than 72 hours prior to the meeting requested.
Payment of any required fees must be made when the application is submitted.
The use of chairs, tables and lectern may be reserved, subject to availability. Audio-visual equipment may be reserved for a fee. An indication of these requirements must be made on the application form.
NOTE: The persons using the room will be responsible for arranging these items, and then for leaving the room as they found it.
The Director of Facilities/Safety, or his/her designee, will approve or disapprove the application, and the form will be mailed to the applicant.
Cancellations must be made at least 72 hours in advance to receive a refund.
The College has preemptive rights to use the Community rooms with a minimum of ten days notice to a previously scheduled group unless this provision is expressly excluded in a specific room use agreement that has been agreed to by the College.