Serve, Earn and Learn (SEAL) Scholarship Program
The Serve,Earn and Learn (SEAL) Scholarship Program offers OCCC students financial assistance in exchange for service to OCCC. The scholarships will provide an on-campus educational service assignments for selected students.
• Assignments are for the academic year and typically consist of three terms (Fall, Winter, & Spring).
• The assignment will not exceed a total of 56 hours per term for a scholarship award of $550 per term. Students working fewer hours will receive a pro-rated scholarship award.
• Each student is assigned a mentor and will work with their mentor each term to establish a work schedule that fits with their class schedule.
• Students will average 5-7 hours per week and are typically not expected to work during the first week of the term or during finals week.
• Scholarship recipients are also required to complete an online learning module as part of their Serve, Earn and Learn experience.
SEAL Students may request a specific assignment via the application form. However, the final assignment will be based on an interview and selection process by the designated mentor.
The College prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law in any area, activity or operation of the College. The College also prohibits retaliation against an individual for engaging in activity protected under this policy, and interfering with rights or privileges granted under anti-discrimination laws. In addition, the College complies with applicable provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (as amended), related Executive Orders 11246 and 11375, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (as amended), Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (“USERRA’), and all local and state civil rights laws. Under this policy, equal opportunity for employment, admission, and participation in the College’s programs, services, and activities will be extended to all persons, and the College will promote equal opportunity and treatment through application of this policy and other College efforts designed for that purpose.
The application for 2018-19 SEAL Scholarships will be posted in early September, 2018.