Serve, Earn and Learn (SEAL) Scholarship Program
The Serve,Earn and Learn (SEAL) Scholarship Program offers OCCC students financial assistance in exchange for service to OCCC. The scholarships will provide an on-campus educational service assignments for selected students.
• Assignments are for the academic year and typically consist of three terms (Fall, Winter, & Spring).
• The assignment will not exceed a total of 56 hours per term for a scholarship award of $550 per term. Students working fewer hours will receive a pro-rated scholarship award.
• Each student is assigned a mentor and will work with their mentor each term to establish a work schedule that fits with their class schedule.
• Students will average 6-7 hours per week and are typically not expected to work during the first week of the term or during finals week.
• Scholarship recipients are also required to complete an online learning module as part of their Serve, Earn and Learn experience.
SEAL Students may request a specific assignment via the application form. However, the final assignment will be based on an interview and selection process by the designated mentor.
Guidelines for writing scholarship essays can be found here.
Student will learn the skills necessary to perform small maintenance tasks and data entry. The student may also assist with clerical tasks and perform basic research.
Student will learn the skills necessary to assist with clerical tasks, including keyboarding, filing, record/file maintenance and operating office machines (fax, scanner, printer). Some student/public contact may be required. Student may be asked to assist with basic research. Tasks will vary based on assigned area.
Office assistant positions are available in the following areas:
- Academics & Workforce
- Finance & Operations
- North County Center (Lincoln City)
- Student Services: Financial Aid