Serve, Earn and Learn (SEAL) Scholarship Program
The Serve,Earn and Learn (SEAL) Scholarship Program offers OCCC students financial assistance in exchange for service to OCCC. The scholarships will provide an on-campus educational service assignments for selected students.
• Assignments are for the academic year and typically consist of three terms (Fall, Winter, & Spring).
• The assignment will not exceed a total of 56 hours per term for a scholarship award of $550 per term. Students working fewer hours will receive a pro-rated scholarship award.
• Each student is assigned a mentor and will work with their mentor each term to establish a work schedule that fits with their class schedule.
• Students will average 5-7 hours per week and are typically not expected to work during the first week of the term or during finals week.
• Scholarship recipients are also required to complete an online learning module as part of their Serve, Earn and Learn experience.
SEAL Students may request a specific assignment via the application form. However, the final assignment will be based on an interview and selection process by the designated mentor.
Biology Lab Assistant:
Student will learn skills to prepare biology lab materials for classroom use. Prior knowledge of lab safety and solution preparation techniques required.
Office Assistant – North County Center (Lincoln City):
Student will learn the skills necessary to assist with clerical tasks, including data entry, filing, record/file maintenance and operating office machines (copier, scanner, printer). Some student/public contact may be required. Student may be asked to assist with basic research and other tasks as needed.