OCCC Library has four small study rooms and two group study rooms for students to use. Each of the small study rooms can seat one to two people. The two group study rooms require a minimum of three and a maximum of eight people for those who want to work together without disturbing other library patrons.
Study rooms are available to students on a first-come, first-served basis at the Circulation Window during open business hours. Faculty may reserve study rooms ahead of time by contacting the library staff.
Study Room Policies
Oregon Coast Community College is committed to providing a safe, pleasant and productive environment for research and study. Failure to comply with the Library’s Study Room Use Policies may result in being asked by Library staff to leave the room and/or the Library. Disputes regarding room use and occupancy or refusal to follow Library staff directives regarding these policies may be permanently blocked from making reservations.
- Three or more people constitute a group for purposes of using a group study room. If fewer than three individuals are not present in a group study room, the room maybe forfeited.
- Group Study Rooms are for priority use by current OCCC students. Others wishing to use or reserve a Group Study Room should inquire at a service desk.
- An individual cannot hold a group room waiting for the arrival of others for more than fifteen minutes.
- Study room privacy is not guaranteed.
- College staff members reserve the right to enter any group study room at any time without prior permission of the occupants.
- Any obstruction of the windows is prohibited. Windows must be closed when exiting.
- Occupants may not post signs (e.g., Occupied, Do Not Disturb, Keep Out, etc.).
- Occupants must conform to the College’s policies for personal conduct as stipulated: College Policy
- All trash items must be placed in the trash cans before exiting.
- Smoking, sleeping, cooking, card playing, partying, painting, music, club meetings and/or any other activities disruptive to others are prohibited.–Noise levels from any conversations and/or equipment must not disturb others.
- Neither the Library nor the College is responsible for unattended, lost, stolen, or damaged personal items.
- Unattended personal property cannot be used to hold a room by any individual or group.
- Occupants are prohibited from using any equipment that may cause a safety hazard (e.g., extended electrical cords, cables, cooking appliances, etc.)
- Furniture cannot be moved into or out of a room.
For more information on OCCC Library Study Room policies for access and use, please click here.