Pennywhistles, astronomy, painting … and Dungeons & Dragons?
Just another summer at Oregon Coast Community College
Make the most of your summer! Starting in July, Oregon Coast Community College’s North County Center in Lincoln City is presenting something fun, creative, and engaging each and every week.
Each of OCCC’s non-credit summer community education classes is one session – no need to schedule your busy summer around four or eight class sessions. These “one-and-done” courses are designed to entertain, educate, and inspire – and to do it all in one simple day.
Our summer lineup will help you get the most of your telescope, learn basic drawing techniques, learn to play the pennywhistle, sharpen your en plein aire oil painting skills, and even introduce you to the decades-old phenomenon that is Dungeons & Dragons.
The summer will also include some offerings catered to small business owners, including a series of one-session courses like Shoebox Accounting, Introduction to QuickBooks, and QuickBooks online, led by instructor Kathie Gordon-Brooks. The OCCC Small Busienss Center will also present an open house in the Digital Media & Marketing Studio, funded by the Lincoln County Economic Development Grant Program, where businesses can produce videos, record podcasts, and take studio-quality photographs of their products or artwork.
The schedule, subject to change, includes:
- Shoebox Bookkeeping, July 10
- Lincoln City Rec Kids Astronomy & Rocketry Day, July 12
- Introduction to QuickBooks, July 17
- QuickBooks Online, July 24
- Kelp Weaving, July 26
- Learn to use Your Telescope, July 30
- Basic Drawing, Aug. 8
- Beginning Watercolor, Aug. 13
- Digital Studio Tour & Orientation, Aug. 13
- Learn to Play the Pennywhistle, Aug. 23
- An Introduction to Dungeons & Dragons, Aug. 27
- Plein Aire Painting at SW 51st Street, Aug. 28
For schedule updates, as well as pricing and registration information, visit the OCCC Community Education page, here, or call 541-996-6222.