Shaping the Future Through Learning
At Oregon Coast Community College we equip students for success by providing educational pathways and supports in response to the diverse needs of our community. Through accessible and engaging programs, we enrich the economic and civic vitality of Lincoln County and beyond.
The Board of Education, administration, faculty, staff and students of Oregon Coast Community College commit to these values:
- Accountability: We accept responsibility for our actions and commit to transparent practices.
- Collaboration: We purposefully build partnerships to achieve common goals.
- Excellence: We hold ourselves to the highest standards and are committed to continuously improving the work we do.
- Inspiration: We show curiosity, illuminate new possibilities and ignite the joy of thinking well.
- Integrity: We act with honesty and authenticity to foster a culture of ethics and respect that embodies our work and serves the community.
- Learning: We celebrate the life-long process of developing valuable knowledge and skills.
- Sustainability: We are responsible stewards of our financial, material, natural and human resources.
- Equity: We embrace diversity and address the inequities and barriers that prevent people from learning and working to their full potential.
- Equip students for success (student success)
- Provide educational pathways and supports (supported pathways)
- Respond to needs of our diverse community (responsiveness)
- Enrich economic and civic vitality of LC & beyond (vitality)
Adopted by OCCC Board of Education, October 16, 2014
See the OCCC Mission in pictures, in this 10-minute video.