Access to and Use of Library Collections
The Oregon Coast Community College Library provides appropriate access to collections, services, and spaces in alignment with and in support of the College Mission. Failure to comply with the Library’s policies or refusal to follow library staff directives regarding these policies may result in a temporary block or permanent ban from using the Library collections.
Books, Periodicals, Reference and other Materials:
- Anyone may use the books, periodicals, and reference items in Library spaces during our open business hours. Those wishing to check out any circulating materials must possess a Chinook Libraries Network card, or be a currently-registered OCCC student. All currently enrolled OCCC students will have a virtual library card—to check out materials, please present your student ID or photo ID at the Library Services window or use the self-checkout at the Library entrance.
- Books check out for two weeks, DVDs and Blu-ray for one week, and periodicals for one week. Newspapers and reference items do not circulate. Items on Course Reserve circulate based on the instructor’s wishes.
- You may renew items online through your library account up to three times. If you are unable to renew one or more items on your account, you’ve most likely encountered one of the following conditions: the renewals have been exceeded, someone else has a hold on that item, the item is overdue.
- Please return materials on time and in good condition. Users will be billed for the actual cost of damaged and non-returned materials, plus a processing fee of $6.00 per item.
- If users owe more than $20.00 in fines or fees, their account will be blocked until payment has been received. Patrons should make arrangements with Library staff on amounts owed and where to pay.
- Faculty, staff, and students have access to the databases through the OCCC Library webpage (https://www.oregoncoastcc.org/library/), and then by clicking the link, “Articles & Databases” and following the instructions displayed next to each one. No username or password is need for any computer on campus, just click on the link in the first column, “On Campus Access Links.” Log-in passwords for off-campus are set as the virtual library card number (2228300 + student ID#) when possible. Contact Library Services at Library Services for assistance or for more information.
- Faculty, staff, and students have access to the Library e-book collection by going to the Library webpage and clicking on the E-book link from any computer on campus. To access from off campus, they will need to enter their virtual card number.
- Faculty, staff, and students may check out small equipment from Library Services, or by calling 541-867-8526 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve. Students may check out calculators (four hours), laptops and netbooks (overnight), and mice and headsets (four hours). Faculty and staff can additionally check out the Kindle Fire, DVD and tape players, Skype conference call systems, Turning Point clickers, computer speakers and headsets, and a conference phone. A list of items available for check-out, including patron restrictions, is available here, or by inquiring at the Library Services window.
- Faculty, staff, and students have access to online subscriptions found on the Library Webpage using their virtual library card in most cases. Username and password instructions are listed next to each database. For those requiring a password, please contact Library Services (email@example.com).
OCCC Library | 07 July 2015