Access to and Use of Library Spaces
The Oregon Coast Community College Library is committed to providing a safe, pleasant, and productive environment for research and study. The College Library expects users to behave in a way that is conducive to learning and respectful of the needs of others in all of our spaces. Failure to comply with the Library’s Policies may result in being asked by library staff to leave the library space. Failure to comply with the Library’s policies or refusal to follow library staff directives regarding these policies may result in a temporary block or a permanent ban from all Library spaces.
- Drinks in containers with lids are allowed in the library stacks, in the Team Lab, and in the study rooms– we ask that you clean up after yourself as you exit. Food is not allowed in any of the library spaces.
- Occupants must conform to the College’s policies for personal conduct as stipulated: http://oregoncoastcc.org/college-policies
- Library Stacks: Anyone may use the Library during open business hours, including faculty, staff, students, and the general public. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult, unless they are a registered OCCC student. Those patrons with a Chinook Library card, or current students are welcome to check-out any circulating materials, either at the Self-Checkout Machine or at the Library Services window. Computers are reserved for faculty, staff, and students. Users must abide by the posted computer & internet policy located near the computer stations.
- Team Lab: Faculty, Staff, and Students may use the Team Lab during open business hours, which follow the main library’s hours. Conversation and collaboration are encouraged, but if you are getting loud, please close the door. Users must abide by the posted computer & internet policy found inside the lab.
- Periodical Section (in the Commons): Anyone may use the periodical section at any time the College is open. Those patrons with a Chinook Library card, or current students are welcome to check-out any circulating materials, either at the Self-Checkout Machine or at the Library Services window.
- Reference Section (in the Commons): Anyone may use the reference section at any time the College is open. Please place used materials in the re-shelving box when finished.
- Study Rooms: Faculty, Staff, Students, and College tutors may use the study rooms during the college term by signing in at the Library Services window. Students & tutors may check in between terms for availability. Users must abide by the Study Room policies posted in each room.
OCCC Library | 07 July 2015