Undocumented students here in Oregon are among our school’s best and brightest students.
As a nation of immigrants, the United States has benefited tremendously from the talents, values, and contributions of newcomers to our shores. In the face of immense barriers, many undocumented youth have exhibited exemplary perseverance, work ethic, and leadership. Yet hurdles and challenges remain. Below are some resources to assist undocumented students understand the financial aid and college application process. Below are resources for Undocumented and DACA students.
Undocumented Student Resources
Below are some fact sheets and guide sheets for Undocumented and DACA students.
- Undocumented Student Resources – Federal Student Aid – FAQ
- Undocumented Student Resources – General Education – FAQ
- Oregon GEAR UP – Undocumented Student Aid in Oregon FAQ
- Undocumented Student Resources – Fact Sheet + FAQ
- Tip Sheet for Undocumented Students
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project – Northwest Immigrant Rights Project promotes justice by defending and advancing the rights of immigrants through direct legal services, systemic advocacy, and community education.
- Updated Information from USCIS – United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
Financial Aid and Scholarship information for Undocumented and DACA students
Though undocumented and DACA students may not qualify for Federal student aid, students here in Oregon still qualify for state financial student aid. Below are some resources:
Oregon Office of Student Access and Completion (OSAC)
The Oregon Student Aid Application (ORSAA)
- The ORSAA is an alternative to the FAFSA for undocumented Oregon students, including students who have DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) status. The ORSAA opens on October 1 each year. Do NOT complete the ORSAA if you are a U.S. citizen or a legal noncitizen with an Alien Registration number.
- If you are a DACA student, you may want to complete the FAFSA in addition to the ORSAA. Contact the financial aid office at your college to find out if you should complete both the FAFSA and ORSAA.
- Eligible undocumented and DACA students in Oregon can get help to pay for college. Learn more about Financial Aid for Undocumented and DACA Students.
The College Board – For Undocumented Students